Pep Guardiola said Manchester City expects to learn the result of the hearing on their 115 charges of alleged Premier League economic rule violations “in a month”.
According to the Premier League rules, any penalty can be a point deduction or even the threat of expulsion from the division.
When he spoke at his press conference on Friday, Guardiola rejected proposals that the club’s expenses in January were a preventative strike against a possible future transfer embargo.
City made their first serious feature in a winter transfer window since the signing of Aymeric Laporte in 2018 when they sprayed £ 170 million. At Omar Marmoush, Abdukodir Khusanov, Vitorer Reis and Nico Gonzalez before Monday’s deadline.
Guardiola feels that the city’s actions are incorrectly judged because of their owners’ wealth and their expenses still do not match others.
He said, “I don’t agree but my words won’t convince people that our attributes are [not] Just being in a wealthy position.
“In the last five years we are the last team in the top six to get net use. Even after what we have used in this transfer window we are away from Chelsea, [Manchester] United, Arsenal, Tottenham, even from Liverpool.
“The reason we’ve been selling a lot in the past seasons but even with that I know [what people say about] This club is always ‘almost the money’.
“Respect the others, but in a month I think there will be a judgment and a judgment and after we want to see my opinion of what happened so far. Still, at the end, every club can do what they will. “
In February 2023, the Premier League accused the city of breaking more than 100 of its financial rules with the alleged violations covering the period between 2009 and 2018. Manchester City denied all the charges.
The consultation took place in front of an independent commission over 12 weeks between September and December.
A decision is expected in the spring, probably around March, and both sides are entitled to appeal, which will take several months.